Definition: What are cookies?
Cookies are small archives configured as tools to obtain information, either to improve browsing or to profile the user's activity to improve their experience, for targeted advertising and/or to analyse user activity. These cookies are stored on the user's device and often save your website settings, such as language, connection hardware, the operative system, and sometimes location. In short, these cookies identify a person and their activity on the website.
When a cookie is able to identify someone, this is considered personal data. Not all cookies are used to identify users, but a majority of them are, since they are the most useful to website owners, and are thus subject to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Purpose: What do they do?
Cookies are stored locally, and offer vast information on the activity, preferences, etc. of people, which can identify the user by storing their browser history on a specific website to show the most appropriate content, bearing the user's preferences and tastes in mind.
As such, cookies can provide much information on users, such as the last time that they visited a certain webpage. With a user's first visit to a webpage, a cookie is stored on the user's browser with certain information. The next time they visit, the server requests the same cookie to fix the site's settings, so as to make the user's visit as personalised as possible.
Types of cookies: The most common cookies
Cookies can be classified in different ways.
- If we focus on the Entity managing the domain from whence the cookies are sent and that processes the obtained data, we can differentiate between own cookies and third-party cookies.
Our own cookies are sent to the user's device from a device or domain managed by the publisher, from whence the service requested by the user is provided. On the other hand, third-party cookies are managed by another entity that processes the data through cookies, and not processed by the website publisher.
- If we focus on the Purpose, we can differentiate between:
Technical cookies: these allow the user to browse a webpage/platform/application and use the options/services that are available.
Customisation cookies allow the user to access the service with some general pre-defined characteristics, based on a series of criteria on the user's device.
Advertising cookies: These cookies provide for managing advertising spaces.
Behavioural study advertising cookies: These cookies store information on the user's behaviour, which is obtained by observing their browsing habits.
External social media cookies: These are used so that visitors can interact with content from different social media platforms, generated only for users of said social platforms.
Analysis cookies: With these cookies, the controller can monitor and analyse the behaviour of user of websites to which they are related.
- Lastly, focusing on the Period of Retention for storage on the user's browser, we can differentiate between session cookies and persistent cookies
Session cookies collect and store data while the user visits a webpage, so none are recorded on the user's hard drive.
Persistent cookies are data that remain stored on the device. They can be accessed and processed for the period of time established by the cookie data controller, such that, when stored on the hard drive, the browser reads them every time you browse the website.
Cookies used at https://www.acuipharma.com/
The following cookies are the ones we use on this website, and we explain their type and role:
1.- Our own storage cookies.
2.- Analysis Cookies: Google Analytics.
- Transparency: we hereby inform the user of the operation of cookies on the website, clearly and permanently.
- Consent: Consent must be granted before configuring the cookies, through an affirmative, positive and evident (explicit) action. Thus, we shall initially only establish cookies that are strictly necessary, and possible rejection of cookies is a real option, as well as withdrawal of the authorisation granted.
To this end, it is important and necessary that users be able to access their declaration of consent at any time, and that the possibility of modifying or even entirely withdrawing their authorisation be available.
Lastly, the consent granted shall be renewed at least every 12 months after the user's first visit to the website.
We offer the user the legal option to modify and withdraw authorisation at any time, as well as the option, at the user's request, to totally, completely and correctly delete all their personal data.
- Clear information and communication that is easy to understand so that the user has a real option.
- Documented record: all consent granted by you as a user is securely saved.
Obligations for cookie use
The legal obligations pursuant to regulations are the duty to provide information and to obtain consent.
- Duty to provide information: We provide the user with all information on the use of storage devices, data recovery, purposes of processing data, possibilities of withdrawing consent and deletion of cookies, in a clear and complete manner.
- It is strictly necessary and mandatory to obtain and have your User Consent, which we offer before the initial processing of personal data, by means of an affirmative and positive action. We register all consent as documentation. If you deny consent, we will not prevent you from browsing, as long as you consent to the cookies strictly necessary for the website to operate.
We hereby inform you that our website:
- Uses our own operational cookies which, if you wish, can maintain anonymity, without preventing you from accessing our website.
- Uses Google Analytics, which is the most-used cookie for compilation, measurement, evaluation and explanation statistics for webpages. You may consent to, or deny tracking,
- Does not use third-party cookies. You may consent to their use or deny it at any time.
What's more, you have the possibility of allowing, blocking or deleting the cookies installed on your device through the settings of your installed browser. If you deactivate cookies, some service available may operate incorrectly.
Regarding how to deactivate cookies, it depends on the browser you're using, although normally you must go to Menu - Tools or Options. Thus, the user may select the cookies they wish to operate on this website at all times.
As follows, you have the links to prevent cookie installation, depending on the browser you use on your device:
- Google Chrome (https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=es-419)
- Internet Explorer (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies#ie=ie-10)
- Mozilla Firefox (https://support.mozilla.org/es/kb/habilitar-y-deshabilitar-cookies-sitios-web-rastrear-preferencias?redirectlocale=es&redirectslug=habilitar-y-deshabilitar-cookies-que-los-sitios-we)
- Apple Safari (https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201265)
We have configured a plugin where, at any time, you may accept or deny cookies or modify your previous decisions and delete them.