Rainbow trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss) is one of the river species with the most production, which is centred in Europe, North America, Chile, Japan and Australia.
It is a resistant fish, which grows quickly and tolerates a wide diversity of environments. It is mainly produced in intensive systems.
- Yersinia ruckeri (Yersiniosis; ERM, Enteric Red Mouth disease)
- Aeromonas salmonicida (forunculosis)
- Lactococcus garviae
- Streptococcus inniae
- Flavobacterium psychrophilum
- Carnobacterium maltaromaticum
- Vagococcus salmoninarum
- Renibacterium salmoninarum (BKD, Bacterial Kidney Disease)
- Tetracapsuloides bryosalmonae (PKD, Proliferative Kidney Disease)
- SAV (Salmonid alphavirus)
- IPNV (Infectious Pancreatic Necrosis virus)